|Location||Kigoma, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Volunteer |
LSF is seeking for a qualified Degreed Accountant for accounting roles for at least twelve months. The position
purpose is to contribute to a standardized accounting system toward audit-friendly filing and expenditures
recordings. An Accounting Volunteer will assist the department to ensure that all official transactions are
appropriately and professionally done.
LSF expects the Accountant Volunteer to contribute significantly to our organizational, partnership and a
contractor’s best practices to meet employer, NGO registrar, Tanzania Revenue Authority and partners’
financial management and reporting expectations. This Volunteer opportunity is suitable for emerging young
professionals interested in adding value to their future NGOs job career.
Reports to: Volunteer will directly report to Associate Director.
Duty Station: Kigoma Municipality, Western Tanzania.
▪ Assist with provide funds/cash request and funds/cash retirements guidance and controls to LSF staff
and associated partners to LSF cause.
▪ Prepare LSF staff payrolls monthly compliantly as required by staff contracts.
▪ Make staff contributions and applicable taxes payable to authorities and parastatal institutions
including National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Revenue Authority and the like.
▪ Support, coordinate, monitor and control the carrying out of LSF’s charitable businesses.
▪ Issue invoices and receipts to LSF’s granters, supporters and partners.
▪ Compiling and filing checked and approved-for-compliance retirement documents.
▪ Producing financial reports and financial statements as may be required.
▪ Reconciling bank statements with actual monthly and attend any financial matter as may arise with LSF.
▪ Proven financial responsibility
▪ Previous experience working with partners and partner building
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
▪ Excellent time management skills
▪ Must be proficient in both English and Swahili
▪ Strong inter-cultural skills
▪ Execute other duties as assigned and recommended by a supervisor.
▪ Volunteer will be required to adhere and exercise professional conduct to the binding terms of
approved budgets financial policy and terms of his/her assignment engagements.
▪ Volunteer will be required to attend training or participate in traineeship sessions as may be required.
Qualifications other required Skills and competences:
▪ Volunteer MUST be a resident of Kigoma Ujiji Municipality as of the time of application and engagement.
▪ A degree or a diploma from accredited Tanzania’s college in accounting or financial accounting is
▪ 2 years of degreed work experience as an accountant
▪ Must be Proficiency in computer applications particularly MS Word, Excel sheets and use of internet for communications.
▪ Superior attentive to detail.
▪ Self-motivated task-oriented and willingness to step out of job role to assist the team when needed
▪ Demonstrated flexibility in functioning in learning environment with all colleagues within and outside of
the finance and admin department.
▪ Strong inter-cultural skills