|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||December 26, 2022|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 87% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, eight years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
Fleet Manage Position purpose:
In this position, you will manage all aspects of administration, data collection, repairs and servicing of company vehicles so as to ensure that the sales team are fully mobile and HQ employees and JTI visitors receive high-quality transport services.
What will you do – responsibilities:
- Arrange and monitor all transport needs including public transport for HQ employees, transport for foreign & local visitors (when required) and all other general transportation requirements including control of drivers’ related expenses such as overtime, daily transport allowance and taxi charges
- Manage the vehicle acquisition process by developing vehicle specifications that meet the company’s needs/requirements in terms of safety, cost, and operational efficiency and involve GIP in the process. Also coordinates the disposal processes for all Company vehicles and vehicle equipment as agreed with management
- Manage all EHS activities related to the Fleet, which includes conducting relevant safety trainings and awareness to drivers as per EHS requirements, preparing and sharing to management periodically and custom reports on drivers’ driving behaviours and vehicle usage i.e., fuel consumption, car track reports etc
- Prepare and submit for approval the Fleet CAPEX and OPEX budget (AP/SP), and thereafter monitor and report on the budget spending/actuals
- Manage and regularly update all Fleet policies/guidelines and procedure documents to ensure full compliance by employees who are assigned company vehicles which includes timely reporting and handling of all non-compliance issues
- Develops and maintains a departmental “long-term” plan for any organizational changes, including technical and non-technical training of all eligible drivers of company cars
- Lead, develop, and motivate team members to successfully achieve business objectives, and also manage all assigned personnel issues including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining as appropriate
Who are we looking for – requirements:
- You have a Degree in Administration or P&C related field
- 4-5 years experience in multinational companies, including 2-3 years within the relevant field
- Your English is fluent (spoken & written)
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
Feedback will be provided to all interested candidates throughout the recruitment process.