|Location||Mbeya, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||March 17, 2023|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
JOB TITLE: Fleet Supervisor
Coordinate repairs and maintenance of SBC fleet in the plant and ensure repairs are done timely, properly and within budget, set priorities, assign work to personnel, and set schedules for completion of work. Relate with third party service provider in line with SBC policy and monitor progress and quality of work. Ensure compliance on corporate policies and SOPs on fleet maintenance at plant level.
• He/she may be appointed as Transport supervisor.
• Monitoring and issues fuel to route trucks.
• Maintain safety and workshop housekeeping.
• Receive defects and breakdown reports from Transport Officer III.
• Approve repairs schedules and follows up on repairs made.
• Preparation of IIV and send to Fleet Manager for approval.
• Ensure opening job card for vehicle undergoing repairs or maintenance
• Approve a get pass for a rescue vehicle, the mechanic and spare parts (if necessary).
• Prepare Parts Purchase Requisition to level the store's stock.
• Inspect delivered parts are of good quality and standard.
• Preparing of leave roaster
• Supervision of day-to-day Fleet activities.
• Records all repair, service and maintenance costs on job card book.
• Prepares activity reports..
• Ensure maximum truck availability.
• Study existing transport systems to evaluate effectiveness and recommends new systems to improve productivity or workflow as required.
• Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review Transport system capabilities.
• Ensures vehicles achieve standard mileage.
• Provides on job training to Fleet staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Advanced Diploma or Degree in Transport Management, or Mechanical Engineering or a related field and at least 4 years working experience in similar responsibilities.
• Technical knowledge of Motor vehicles and spare parts.
• Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
• Ability to supervise subordinates and resolve complains.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety issues.
• Knowledge of regulations relating to transportation.
Interested and qualified applicants must send their applications through:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate job title in the subject) or SBC Tanzania Limited, Plot No. 25, Iyunga Industrial Area, P.O. Box. 2635, Mbeya-Tanzania
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. SBC Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunity employer and women are highly encouraged to apply.