|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
|Category|| Customer Service |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Mwitikio wa Kudhibiti Kifua Kikuu na Ukimwi Tanzania (MKUTA) is a Non-Governmental Organization in Tanzania providing Community-based TB/HIV health education, active case finding, contact tracing and promoting access to essential treatment among the general populations and Key and vulnerable populations.
Position: Office Assistant cum Receptionist (1) position
The purpose of this Project is to provide support to Mwitikio wa Kuthibiti Kifua Kikuu na Ukimwi Tanzania (MKUTA as “Sub awardee” to participate in the implementation of Tuberculosis and Family planning Integrated Community Solutions (USAID Afya Shirikishi) Project implemented by Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (“Amref”-The Prime Recipient) funded by U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) in Dar es Salaam and Pwani Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Office Assistant /Receptionist is responsible for all issues related to efficient management of MKUTA Head Office. To act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to MKUTA to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified here below. Under the leadership of the Human Resources Officer, s/he will facilitate and coordinate the process and provide ongoing guidance on the implementation of the project rules and regulations.
Key Responsibilities includes
a. Building cleanliness and access
• Open the offices in the morning and lock in the evening.
• Ensure that the front and rear entrances of the building are clean.
• Switch on all lights and check cleanliness of the interior, making a record of any poor level of cleanliness or any maintenance issues and take necessary steps/actions to remedy.
• Ensure that the kitchens are well stocked with milk, sugar, tea, and Coffee.
• Ensure all toilets are well stocked with toilet paper, hand towels, linen roller towels and hand soap
• Ensure entire Office is properly cleaned by responsible cleaner
b. Telephone System
• Operate MKUTA switchboard from 8.00 am -5pm; receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members personal direct line voicemail.
• Ensure all voicemail messages to main office number are taken and directed to staff members. Maintain and ensure that the answer messages are appropriate.
• Report telephone equipment and line faults to supervisor.
• Train all new staff in the operations of the telephone system, as part of the New Staff Induction process and take a proactive approach to ensuring staff are properly trained on making full use of the system.
• Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
• Greet and welcome visitors to the offices between 8:00 am -5pm, ensure they sign in the visitor’s book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
• Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business like image.
• Keep a record of staff and visitor’s signing in and out of the building.
• In the event of fire and or any other emergency requiring staff to leave the building, to be responsible for ensuring that the visitor’s book and staff movement sheets are removed from Reception and taken to the outside meeting point.
• Check and sign for deliverables, before informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival. Deliverables by post or courier will include valuable items (Cash, Passports). Follow procedures and ensure security of valuables.
• Log extension changes and advise all staff accordingly.
d. Office Services
• Provide Office supplies (Stationery, Kitchen supplies) for staff and maintain adequate stocks, task includes ordering new supplies, identifying new suppliers and obtaining the best price on specific those services which are with your mandate.
• Provide administrative and general support to the MKUTA in ensuring that Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations.
• Induct new staff and Volunteers in the Office procedures, Fire Safety and Health and Health & Safety.
• Process invoices for the team including validating and obtaining authorization for payment.
• Initiate all the process of VAT refund to our donors. This includes making copies of all paid invoices and tax receipt.
e. Meetings and Events Management
• Provide logistical support to meetings held in the Board Room, to include preparation of meeting and conference rooms and assist in arrangements for catering provisions.
• Contribute to team wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in organization wide events and discussions on related topics and projects.
• Participate and represent MKUTA organization in the events which require MKUTA to be represented including community calls and any other similar or related meetings
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate must hold at least High School Diploma or equivalentfrom a recognized university in the stated field.
• Bachelor degree is an added advantage
• At least 1-year work experience in the related field.
• Previous experience of switchboard operations.
• Familiarity with the use of office equipment, i.e. fax, photocopier.
• Implementing administrative systems and databases.
• Excellent verbal communication skills (Both English and Swahili) with a good telephone manner.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of word-processing, (Microsoft word) combined with ability to acquire other skills as necessary. (e.g. databases and spreadsheets).
• Accurate typing.
• Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
• Smart and business like appearance.
• Ability to work to a high standard (and while under pressure