|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Performing NDE system evaluation (NDE during line-pipe manufacturing and pipeline, piping and structural, pressure vessel & storage tanks welding and static & rotating equipment manufacturing), Guarantee the development of CPY CTRs’, Sub-CTR’, Suppliers’ technical procedures qualification and final approval, Witnessing (and guiding where necessary) procedures and operator qualification tests at site, Providing guidance to NDE operators at manufacturing premises and on construction site, Supervising AUT/PA qualifications & other conventional NDE (X-R, MT/PT) on every system according to Project specifications, Cross-checks at CPY CTR’s, Sub-CTR’s & Suppliers’ workshops & Support in the selection & recruitment of NDE operators & inspectors.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
• Have the skills and knowledge to interpret codes, standards, and other contractual documents the control NDE methods used by the company.
• Capable of assuming technical responsibility for the NDE facilities and the staff.
• Capable of selecting the method and technique for a specific inspection.
• Prepare and verify the adequate procedures in the method certified.
• Approve NDE procedures and other NDE related work instructions for technical adequacy in the method in which they are certified
• Audit the current personnel to current customer requirements in NDE methods as needed.
• Provide training and guidance to personnel in determining pass/fail criteria.
• Conduct inspection to ensure quality, detect discontinuities using ultrasonic equipment.
• Accurate process of paperwork and test results
• Conduct training and guidance for Level I & Level II inspectors
• Verification of product to specification
• Approve and or authorize maintenance methods of inspection tools and equipment
• Ability to read technical drawings and to predict and plan required pipeline and associated infrastructure assurance activities
• Reviews and stays abreast with NDE requirements, and updates
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company
• Responsible for all aspects of NDE related records.
• Ability to follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infectious control standards
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Proficient in English language
• Technical and Industry Experience
• Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
• Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping and pipeline engineering, and the basic
• requirements of other engineering fields.
• Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory
• Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and piping engineering specific software.
• Extensive technical and practical experience in pipeline, piping and structural engineering in the same or
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Required: As minimum qualifications and certifications:
• Pipeline project experience required. Must possess at least 10 years’ experience in similar industry,
• preferably in site operations.
• IWS (International Welding Specialist),
• COFREND or equivalent level 3 UT,
• AUT training certified, PA is a plus,
• COFREND or equivalent level 2 UT, RT, MPI, and PT
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing)