|Location||Kinondoni, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: MONITORING AND EVALUATION COORDINATOR (1 Post)
Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Report to: Senior Project Manager
Line Manage: M&E Officers,
Serve as an active member of the PASADA - ACHIEVE Management Team for the implementation of ACHIEVE Tanzania project with the primary responsibility of strategic leadership and management of Monitoring and Evaluation functions under the leadership and direction of Senior Project Manager.
Roles and responsibilities.
To coordinate implementation and provide oversight of monitoring and evaluation in the.
The M&E Coordinator shall develop a close working relationship with the technical team (ESLO, CMOs, CMCs. HHOs etc.) to ensure quality data is collected and entered in the database. The M&E coordinator will be responsible for:
• Support in implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities in all 8 councils Ilala, Ubungo, Kinondoni, Temeke, Kigamboni, Kibaha, Mkuranga and Chalinze, including development of PASADA M&E plans and data collection frameworks to support data management, and reporting.
• Support data analysis for 8 councils, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly PASADA’s performance trends and help PASADA management to interpret program performance and implications of data for programming.
• Participate actively in generating data for PASADA management monthly and quarterly narrative reports or other reports, as needed.
• Organize and supervises routine internal data quality assessments (DQAs) for each council under management of the PASADA.
• Facilitate communication, technical and working linkages between technical team and M&E team within and between councils.
• Play a coordinating function for producing data and feeding to PASADA management for program decision making at all 8 councils and organizational level.
• Provided technical assistance to PASADA technical team members (CMOs, CMCs, HHOs, ESLOs, DREAMS Officer etc.) on developing and monitoring targets in compliance with the developed and approved M&E plan.
• Conduct and coordinate provision of regular data collection and entry visits to Community Case Workers (CCWs); identify data entry challenges and provide technical assistance on data entry to CCWs.
• Serve as a mentor to CSOs technical team members (CMOs, CMCs, HHOs, ESLOs, DREAMS Officer etc.) and provide technical assistance in various areas relating to M&E function.
• Organize and coordinate quarterly data review meeting at councils’ level by supporting program performance presentation preparations, and data interpretation.
• Organize and manage all Quality Improvement (QI) activities of the Organization.
• Manage all 8 council level Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (M&EOs) by ensuring that they all have performance objectives, conducts one to one meeting and regularly evaluate their performance against agreed performance goals.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area.
• Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, and reporting, preferably working with donor funded programs.
• Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, visualization, and use
• 2 - 3 years work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children (experience with health facility setting a plus)
• Experience with DHIS2 preferred other software a plus.
• Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research a plus
• Report writing and publication skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent peoples and partnership skills.
• Collaborative team player with leadership skills
• Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania is a plus
• The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
• Knowledge of different database software
• Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata etc.
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.