|Location||Mbeya, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 2, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Title: Economic Strengthening and Livelihoods Officer (ESLO)-3 Positions
Reporting to: Program Manager
Locations: Mbozi, Mbeya and Mbalari
Economic Strengthening and Livelihoods Officer (ESLO) is an important position for each council implementing ACHIEVE Tanzania project with an overall objective of supporting at
risk Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and OVC Caregivers participation in Economic Strengthening (ES) activities. The position holder will specifically strive to integrate evidence based financial literacy modules to empower AGYW and OVC Caregivers to establish and sustain viable Income Generating Activities (IGAs).
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Directly supervise and provide technical support to Livelihood Volunteers (LVs) and Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILVs) in his or her council.
• Provide consistent monitoring, coaching and mentorship support to Livelihood Volunteers (LVs) in his or her council and ensure that they master the skills to graduate into Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILVs).
• Recruit and train LVs in the WORTH Yetu model and oversee LVs to establish and support technically new and inherited WORTH Yetu groups.
• Ensure that LVs provide facilitation support for WORTH Yetu Groups and ensure that 60% of project enrolled caregivers, destitute household members with lower savings levels and interest join WORTH Yetu Groups.
• Ensure that WORTH Yetu Groups establish Community Resource Mobilization Committees (CRMC) to map community resources for social protection.
• Conduct overarchingmapping of economic strengthening service providers in implementation areas.
• Work with district-level TASAF to ensure ACHIEVE Project Tanzania is aware of new expansion areas and that TASAF can refer TASAF beneficiaries to ACHIEVE Project Tanzania for screening and enrollment.
• Roll out a Household Financial Literacy and Money Management curriculum to LVs and ensure a quality roll out to WORTH Yetu members.
• Lead in conducting market assessments and creation of business networks and learning and sharing cohorts within industry types.
• Train LVs to roll out a self-assessment tool with mature groups; establish relationships with pro-poor financial institutions.
• Provide continuous supportive supervision to LVs to ensure quality economic strengthening programming through Instruction, Modelling, Rehearsing and Feedback (IMRF) approach.
• Submit timely economic strengthening and youth updates to the Program Manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
• Document Economic Strengthening specific lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Minimum required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or economics, Community Development, Community Economic Development (CED), Social Work etc.
• Higher, in the above-mentioned fields will be an added advantage.
• Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English including excellent training skills in working with adult learner leaners, particularly at the community level.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constantly or close supervision
• Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
• At least three (3) years’ experiences in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming. Experience in establishment, formation, and supporting community groups, IGAs etc. is preferred.
• Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
• Experience implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
• Experience in an Appreciative Inquiry (AI) approach in development and social work
Interested applicant should send the application letter, curriculum vitae (CV), academic transcripts, and three referees to: