|Location||Kinondoni, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: CTC LINKAGE OFFICERS (5 POSITIONS)
JOB TITLE: CTC LINKAGE OFFICERS (5 POSITIONS)
Reports to: Project Manager
Line Manage: Community Case Workers/Community Health Workers
Locations: Dar Es Salaam Region (2 Temeke, 1 Ilala and 2 Kinondoni)
Major function of the position
Under the supervision of CTC in-charge, the CTC Linkage Officer will engage and provide HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment and support services to clients receiving care at respective facilities in the supported districts. The incumbent will ensure provision of HIV and AIDS services are in line with protocol and HIV management guidelines for Tanzania. The incumbent will provide services across the cascade of HIV continuum care and will be responsible for documentation of all linkage activities and services provided to clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure all pediatric clients attending at OPD and other entries are offered HIV counseling and testing;
• Strengthening linkages between the community and facilities in collaboration with the CTC in charge, Nurses, Clinicians and Data officers at the CTC.
• Setting up and managing a patient referral system
• Serving as a point of contact and information base between the community and facility
• Facilitating consultative meetings between CTC in charge and community-based Case Workers.
• Implementing case management of pediatric clients returning to care
• Promoting the 'Welcome Back' strategy
• Ensuring linkage to care of all pediatric HIV-positive clients and same-day treatment initiation through the 'handshake' approach
• Reviewing the HTS Register daily to ensure that all pediatric clients are tracked for initiation on antiretroviral therapy (ART)
• Supporting the facility staff with data collection, collation and verifications related to the linkage of pediatric clients.
• Tracking linkage targets, and preparing and submitting monthly reports
• Supporting quality improvement processes to strengthen linkage approaches and identify and document good linkage practices
• Actively tracking and documenting pediatric patients who have transferred out of the facility
• Participating in data analysis (facility targets, tracer indicators, cascades)
• Submitting daily, weekly and monthly data reports to the facility
• Participating in the facility's bi-weekly and monthly review meetings
• Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients to bring their biological children to the Facility
• Collaboration with facility staff to ensure Linkage case management model is well understood and its implementation as a routine service to all new identified clients.
• Assist lay counselors to ensure all positives identified children are attached, followed, and enrolled into ART.
• Ensure all pediatric clients identified to be HIV positive are linked to care and started on ART on the same day ( Same day ART initiation).
• Ensure pediatric population attending the facility are screened for optimized PITC using children specific screening tool and linked to ACHIEVE Program services.
• Assist the Facility to ensure all positive children are started on optimized ART and those who are on old regimen to change the regimen to TLD
• Coordinate and participate during children Saturday clinics and teen clubs as way of improving adherence and viral suppression
• In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure there is pediatric job aids, posters and working tools
• In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure there is demand creation for HIV viral load sample collection and samples are collected on daily basis and documented properly especially for children enrolled in ACHIEVE Program.
• In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure all pediatric clients are screened for TB and initiation of IPT to eligible clients is done on daily basis and documentation is done properly
• Ensure HIV positive AGYW are screened for Cervical Cancer and those found to be positive are started on treatment
• Document all the services provided in the available registers according to HIV continuum of care
• Work closely with CTC in charge to coordinate service provision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of care and treatment services, RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis (EID) and TB/HIV collaborative activities.
• Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to respective authority.
• Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor
● Diploma in clinical Medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania
● 2 years’ experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment
● Fluency in English and Kiswahili
● Basic Competency with Computer Applications [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
● Willingness to stay at the working station 100%
Key personal competences
● Self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
● Respect professionalism and medical conducts
● A team player
● Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets
● Clinical acumen in managing patients
• A strong work ethic and ability to work in a pressurized environment.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be deadline-driven.
• Ability to work after hours, which may include weekends from time to time.
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.