|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2021|
About the job
International Aviation Services Concern requires an Aviation Terminal / Cargo Operations Manager to be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania on a 2-year contract. Key to this position will be the following
- Overall management and supervision of the Company’s business and business affairs as more particularly set out in the Management Services Agreement. In particular, the Aviation Terminal Operations Manager shall, as far as possible, ensure that the duties and obligations of the Employer are done and maintaining the highest standards of management.
- Managing all warehouse handling and terminal operational management issues of the Company and maintaining the highest standards of management in that connection or as may be laid down by the board from time to time.
- The Aviation Terminal Operations Manager is also expected to have good working knowledge of CHAMP Cargospot Handling Software.
Quality and Processes
- Identifies and sets appropriate Quality Standards and KPIs.
- Develops a Handling & Terminal SOP and manuals.
- Ensures continuous monitoring and improvement of quality.
- Ensures adherence and standards of health and safety.
- Liaises with handled customers (airlines, forwarders etc) ensuring full customer satisfaction.
- Liaises with operational interfaces (customs authorities, security departments, ramp-handlers etc).
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures in line with ISAGO (IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations) standards manual.
- Prepare the Company for ISAGO certification within one year from the start date.
Terminal Management Operations
- Ensures daily operational infrastructure and requirements are in place.
- Set up of Operational Procedures, SOPS, KPIS and bespoke solutions to ensure Cargo Terminal operates as per stakeholder expectations.
- Regularly reviews operational records and reports on deviations to SOPs.
- Ensures smooth daily general management & operation of main functions (cargo export, import, transit, acceptance, delivery, and handling).
- Monitors daily performance of terminal and addresses shortcomings and operational emergencies
- Liaises with county government, airport authorities, subcontracted parties ensuring adherence to rules and regulations.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the effective handling of mail courier, cargo DGR storage, handling, perishable products, and other special cargo.
- Oversees management of all warehouse affairs and documentation, including handling of flights, trucks, storage of cargo, physical acceptance and delivery, ensuring property of client airlines (ULDs) is respected.
- Provide written and verbal reports on any management, operational and other issues affecting the Company.
Logistics and Deliveries
- Develop an efficient and effective schedule to ensure delivery of goods to clients in a timely manner.
- Record incoming goods, dispatch destinations and the number of ULDs available.
- Contacting Airlines and Cargo Freighters Globally
- Development and generation of new business trade lanes between Dar es Salaam, Julius Nyerere International Airport and leading cargo destinations of Rotterdam, Dubai, Johannesburg, London, Amsterdam
Hiring and Training
- Responsible for determining training needs and staffing needs for Tanzanian Citizens and overseeing the hiring process.
- Oversee training programs for Local Tanzania citizen employees namely Operations Staff, Export Agents, Import Agents, terminal workers, office staff and other employees.
- Develop staff training on appropriate Quality Standards and KPIs, Training on Handling & Terminal SOP and manuals.
- Training of all employees and ensure they are updated on new technologies and regulations, training staff on the terminal's logistics systems, training office workers on software programs that track schedules and deliveries.\
In Addition Sound knowledge and understanding of the following is crucial.
- Manual handling and safe practice
- Aviation security legislation
- Health and Safety legislation
- Dangerous Goods, Live Animal and Perishable Cargo acceptance and handling
- Cargo handling processes and principles
- General cargo legislation awareness
- Air cargo rules, restrictions and legislation
- General Customs and exercise awareness
Minimum requirements for this position
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar environment at a managerial level and being able to demonstrate managerial abilities
- Experience in an Operations / Duty / Operations Management role.
- Solid Cargo / Aviation experience
- Clear Criminal Record and Police Clearance
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Solid Experience on Champ / CargoSpot
- Cargo Security Awareness
- Dangerous Goods Cat 6
- Human Factors
- Safety Management Systems
The Ideal Candidate would be a more mature individual with no dependants - The client will assist with all Visa's.
The package on offer includes
- Gross Salary of R 45000 per month (negotiable)
- Fully furnished 2 bedroom house in Dar Es Salaam
- Company Vehicle and Company Fuel
- One Flight to ZA per annum
- Flights to and From Tanzania
Interested candidates may contact Yolanda Vermeulen during office hours on +27 76 961 2181
Please visit our website www.talentsolutions.za.com and PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ONLY – PLEASE DO NOT send us Emailed / Whatsapp applications - They will be deleted
Please exhibit your professionalism and do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
We Endeavour to contact all our candidates timeously to inform them of the outcome of their application. However, should you not receive any response from us regarding your application within the next week, please consider your application unsuccessful
To join our group on Telegram please follow the link below - you will have to download the Telegram App https://t.me/joinchat/OEsUMExOkfJefGKrKUDUSA