|Location||Kinondoni, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS (6 Posts)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Officers (6 posts – for each Team and 2 Councils)
Reporting to: Project Manager (PM) or M&E Coordinator (M&EC)
Line Manager: Data Clerks
Locations: Kibaha, Temeke and Kinondoni/Ilala
Support implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project at councils Team-level. S/he will be responsible for ensuring timely data collection and entry into the system, and filing is properly done at PASADA and Council. S/he will also ensure the quality of data for decision making and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate implementation and provide oversight of monitoring and evaluation activities in the supported councils, including data collection, management, and reporting.
• Perform simple data analyses and visualization to promote data use at all levels.
• Generate and contribute to quarterly or other reports, as needed.
• Support Cluster M&E staff to conduct routine internal data quality assessments (DQAs)
• Conduct regular monitoring site visits to caseworkers; review and provide feedback on caseworkers’ performance.
• Review critically reports submitted by caseworkers and perform data verification as needed.
• Set up and maintain data entry and management systems including applications.
• Supervise data entry by data clerks.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Diploma in in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting,
• Proficient with MS Excel
• Work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children
• Experience with DHIS2 preferred other software a plus
• Experience with mobile data collection
• Report writing and publication skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time.
Number required 6:
1 Monitoring and Evaluation Officer each for Mkuranga and Chalinze Councils
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.