|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The job holder is responsible to supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds. ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained. managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness. allocating and managing space between buildings. Lease management, including lease administration and accounting. Capital project planning and management.
• General Services and Facilities Management
• Manage all facilities services for EACOP properties through management of service providers and liaison with Landlords for services that landlord is contractually obligated to maintain.
• To include but not be limited to;
• Ensure that all service provider personnel have been vetted prior to being assigned to EACOP contracts and that all have been properly inducted.
• Keep records of all service provider employee training provided by EACOP o control schedules, manage contracts, develop work standards, and evaluate both employees and external contractors.
• Lease management, including lease administration and accounting.
• Capital project planning and management.
• Point of contact for all landlord communications
• Contract management of maintenance service providers and liaison with landlords for maintenance issues that are the landlord’s responsibilities, for all EACOP facilities in Tanzania.
• Assist C&P on all service provider contracts to develop KPIs which are measurable and obtainable.
• Schedule periodic (monthly or quarterly) meetings with service providers to evaluate performance.
• Track and confirm all invoices for goods and services provided
• Develop a periodic maintenance schedule, working with both service providers and landlords, for all mechanical services to the facilities…generators, lifts, fire suppression, HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
• Working in coordination with the EACOP HSE team, ensure that all OASHA standards are adhered to and that Fire and Safety systems are kept in perfect working order, and ensure that all facilities/office lighting and blinds are in compliance with OSHA standards
• Contract management of housekeeping services to ensure that the facilities are kept clean with the least amount of inconvenience to operations of EACOP business and EACOP’s staff through scheduling of housekeeping staff and their activities
• Contract management and liaison with landlord all waste removal services
• Develop recycling plans for all EACOP facilities and oversee the management of these plans
• Ensure that all EACOP facilities are properly furnished to support required personnel and operations.
• Make and keep updated an inventory of office furniture and equipment
• Working with C&P ensure that new furnishings required for facilities are ordered and procured in a timely manner
• Conduct periodic inspections of all office furniture and organize repair or replacement as required
• Contract management of catering services at all EACOP facilities where this is required.
• Working in liaison with the EACOP HSE team, ensure that catering companies adhere to EACOP standards
• Hygiene standards to be maintained by all catering companies and their staff
• Health standards, ensuring that all catering staff meet EACOP health standards
• Nutritional standards – working with EACOP health, ensure that all menus meet nutritional requirements
Qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other relevant qualification
• 10 years in Facilities/Estate Management experience
• Technical competencies: Knowledge and mastery of Microsoft Office Products, particularly Word, Excel and Teams. Mastery of Power BI advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical and computer skills
• Solid knowledge of contractual requirement
• Proactive, autonomous, tactful, organized, customer-service oriented, able to work under stress and meet deadlines. Creates and maintains good relationships with vendors
• Ability to communicate well and interact positively with staff even in difficult situations.
• Other competencies: Proficiency in English essential