|Location||Kinondoni, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: PROJECT PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 POSITION)
JOB TITLE: PROJECT PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Reports to: PASADA Senior Procurement Officer, Finance Manager and Senior Project Manager
Line Manage: CMCs, Data Clerks, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Assistant
Locations: Chang’ombe Dar Es Salaam
The Project Procurement Officer will be responsible for supporting sourcing and procurement of Goods, Works, and Services in the most cost-effective manner for the PASADA -ACHIEVE Project.
Strategic Procurement Management:
• Conduct source audit exercises through supplier selection, evaluation, and assessment.
• Support the preparation of the PASADA -ACHIEVE Project Procurement Plan.
• Support PASADA -ACHIEVE Project in procurement and other logistics assignments that ensure Goods, Works, and services are procured timely to facilitate project implementation and at the same time receiving value for money.
• Work with the PASADA Senior Procurement Officer Project Senior Accountant, Finance Manager and Senior Project Manager to ensure vendors follow all the tendering regulations, procedures, and instructions.
• Ensure orders are accurately drawn with the correct specifications, quantities, qualities, distribution, and delivery requirements.
• Review all request and purchase orders for completeness and conformance to user requirements.
• Manage a consistent and effective sourcing strategic sourcing process.
• Support negotiations for large \ strategic contracts.
• Communicate sourcing approaches to all relevant stakeholders
• Participate in annual pre-qualification of suppliers and ensure that the Supplier's database is regularly updated.
Contracts Negotiation and Management:
• Preparation of standard bidding documents, with terms and conditions of the tender.
• Monitoring performance and delivery of the terms of reference (TOR) of contractors and implement any recommendations for contract termination in cases of TOR non-compliance.
• Assist to frame vendor contractual agreements for the supply of consumables a for one-year period at the agreed prices.
• Support negotiations are carried out on contracts and Orders to realize possible savings for PASADA
Performance Measurement and Management:
• Manage Relationships with Key Suppliers.
• Preparation of monthly and annual reports on procurement KPI’s
• Ensure the preparation and submission of weekly/monthly procurement status reports to engage the customers and other stakeholders
• Ensure implementation and maintenance of an updated suppliers’ database with catalogs of various products and prices.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Minimum of a University degree/Advanced Diploma in Materials Management/Procurement and Logistics and holder of CPSP (T), At least 5 years’ experience in the NGO sector (donor-funded programs) within Tanzania;
• Excellent knowledge of Procurement under USAID funded co-operative agreements.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
A customer service-oriented individual with the ability to deal with staff, vendors, and service providers;
• A dedicated team player with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently in a high profile, fast-paced and multi-tasked environment
• Must be able to demonstrate highly effective communications skills, both written and spoken in both English and Kiswahili to staff in the head office and field offices
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.