|Location||Kinondoni, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER (3 Post)
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Line Manage: ESLOs, CMOs, HHOs, MEC/MEO
To provide overall leadership and management of ACHIEVE Tanzania project implementation at Councils Team level and ensures efficient and effective linkages, collaboration, and networking with LGA authorities.
Locations: Kibaha, Temeke and Kinondoni/Ilala
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide overall technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed at Councils Team level.
• Oversee project budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, approve travel request, staffs’ liquidation, reviews and approve all project expenses at Councils Team level.
• Project Manager is the main point-person with Pact Cluster Office for all ACHIEVE Tanzania project implementation by PASADA at Councils Team level.
• Project Manager is the project leader who is ultimately responsible and accountable for timely, quality project implementation across all councils where PASADA is implementing and in particular at Councils Team level.
• Work in collaboration with DSWO, DMO, DACC, CHACC at district level and Pact technical coordinators at cluster level to ensure high quality project activities delivery.
• Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission both financial and narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual).
• Work with Data and M&E Officers to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
• In collaboration with PASADA Management, mentors project staff (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer, Case Management Coordinator, DREAMS Officer etc.) as appropriate in project management, organizational development, and community development issues.
• Supports performance of project staffs (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer, Case Management Coordinator, DREAMS Officer etc.) by proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive, and honest feedback, and coaching and identifying necessary staff development needs for direct reports.
• Ensure staff are supported to deliver quality results in all project implementation activities at Councils Team level.
• Provides mentoring and guidance to the team members and models best practices; advises and trains other team members on, organization policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies, as needed.
• Represents ACHIEVE Tanzania Project in public events, stakeholders’ meetings and coordinate with other donor funded programs at Councils Team level.
• Performs other related tasks as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development, Community Development, or equivalent experience. Over 3 year’s relevant experience
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development, Community Development, or relevant degree.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience.
• Previous experience managing staff.
• Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional Reference, ECD, or Child protection.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Understanding of OVC issues and child protection.
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.