|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 5, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Senegal, Cote d’ Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Role: To primarily focus on customer service, fulfillment and asset care.
- Review and optimising route planning for order deliveries
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on transport operations efficiency
- Training and onboarding of dispatch team members
- Training and onboarding of drivers
- Managing fleet fueling as per company policy
- Providing good and effective customer service
- Key communication point with delivery agents and/or drivers
- Work closely with fulfilment and operations support teams
- Be the local expert for the Wasoko fleet management system
- Degree in Supply chain, Transport & Logistics, Business Operations, Business Administration, or similar. An Advanced diploma in the same with at least 5 years of experience in last mile logistics can be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation and Logistics industry with minimum 5 years experience. Excellent financial acumen with good understanding of cost efficiency
- Working knowledge of logistics and transport management system
- Good people management and coordination skills