|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2021|
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) is an autonomous institute established through an Act of parliament No 7 of 1996 with the main objective of providing service in the fields of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Neurosurgery. Also to offer training and research on how to provide best services to Tanzanians. The current hospital bed capacity is 340 beds including 64 beds in private rooms (executive rooms), 9 state of the art operating theaters, 32 ICU beds enrolling under Public- private-mix policy.
Muhimbili Orthopaedic institute (MOI) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Tanzanians to work in the institute in the below positions:
Job Title: Office Attendant/Gardener II
Reference No. MOI/GDN/1210/20-21
Reports to: Administrative Officer
The position requires cleaning and environment care skills. General document handling and office errands management.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning office and MOI environment;
- Taking care of MOI gardens;
- Watering plants;
- Trimming grass and shrubs;
- Performing garbage collection in offices;
- Moving files, letters and messages from offices;
- Sending and collecting mails from the post office;
- Assisting secretaries in photocopying documents and serving soft drinks to visitors and officials in meetings;
- Loading and unloading office equipment from place to place;
- Keeping office equipments and reporting for any damage to seniors;
- Opening window and doors in the morning and closing them after official hours;
- Preparing and serving tea for officers during official hours;
- Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of an Ordinary Secondary School Education with passes in English and Kiswahili.
- At least 3 years of proven record of successful work experience in Office Attendant/Gardening.
- Attractive remuneration package will be provided.
Application should be submitted in confidence including CVs, 3 referees, and copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contact telephone numbers.
Applications should reach the Executive Director through the following address:
The Executive Director,
Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute (MOI),
P.O. Box 65474,
DAR ES SALAAM.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview;
- Applicants are warned not to make phone calls, physical or e-mail enquiries other than applying through the hand deliver and postal address provided. Any such breach will result in immediate disqualification.