|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
To guide and execute the program monitoring and evaluating agenda. The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will help the Africa Bridge team to monitor/track progress, evaluate, document and disseminate the results. Africa Bridge in Rungwe & Busokelo District, Mbeya Region, Tanzania. This position works out of the TZ office located in Tukuyu.
Responsibilities: The specific duties and responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate and coordinate the ME team activity planning, development of products and services and reporting.
• Document field procedures in Swahili and English for internal records, sharing with a broader audience and as instructional guides for future program expansion plans.
• Communicate and provide feedback on Africa Bridge plans, activities completed and challenges to implementation to the Africa Bridge Team and Executive Director.
• Provide training to Africa Bridge staff and Empowerment Facilitators to conduct surveys as required by the program model. Conduct trainings on data collection and entry tools as well as processes.
• Serve as the lead for documentation monitoring and evaluation processes, forms and formats.
• Provide foundation grant report data as needed.
• Orient and support staff on ensuring program and data quality.
• Review and approve all monitoring data from the field.
• Review all surveys and add additional qualitative questions to gather qualitative data to better understand and document the “why” and “so what” as related to program activities and results.
• Coordinate reporting with implementing partners and district level partners, specifically tracking deadlines; ensuring adherence to formats and requirements; ensuring reporting quality and accuracy; and period report writing, editing and submission.
• Lead the process of monitoring data collection, including guiding data collection teams, overseeing data entry and conduct data analysis and report writing.
• Regularly monitor implementation of program activities. Identify challenges and help the team implement solutions, track progress and document learnings on a regular basis.
• Support and conduct with the team, coordinating baseline, mid-term evaluation and final evaluations and other key evaluation and research activities.
• Prepare case studies and success stories in writing.
• Ensure adherence to program management minimum standards in carrying out duties and advising and supporting other staff and volunteers in the same as required.
• Work collaboratively with partners and donors. Share compiled data as needed with stakeholders as requested.
• Prepare narrative and quantitative reports documenting training provided and events occurring in the field, and submit to Program Manager.
• Conduct interviews, take pictures and prepare information requested from US Office.
• Work collaboratively and closely with local government officials (Village, Ward, and District levels) to coordinate project activities.
• Draft monthly work plan, cooperative activity budget requests and fund transfer requests, and account for payments.
• Support staff and partners to implement, monitor and review innovative pilot project activities linked to the program’s mission.
• Communicate proactively with Executive Director and other team members to assure smooth project implementation and prompt problem resolution. Participate in weekly team meetings with Executive Director.
• Learn the work of other Africa Bridge team members and assist as needed.
• Conduct will be both professional in all matters and bring credit to the Africa Bridge mission.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in management, statistics, economic, social science or related field.
• At least Three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of food security, livelihoods programs.
• Good understanding and skills at data management.
• Experience with data management including the ability to structure and collate data sets for ease of analysis.
• Strong computer skills. Need mastery of Excel for spreadsheet use.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Swahili and English fluency required.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Experience facilitating and mentoring staff to build monitoring, evaluation and program skills.
• Strong team coordination, listening, and consensus building skills.