|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
As the Pact Tanzania Country Office establishes its board, the Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Pact Tanzania board of directors and the Pact Tanzania Country Management Team (CMT). He/she will assist the Pact Tanzania Country Director in scheduling Pact Tanzania board meetings, assembling and distributing Agendas and Board Packets, and notifying the public and Pact Tanzania employees of the Board's actions.
• General Administrative Support:
• Proactively supports, works closely and effectively with the CD and PD to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CD and PD schedule is followed and respected.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on relevant projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Manage communications and achieve a good rapport with all relevant Pact Tanzania external stakeholders.
• As required, arrange appointments with Govt. officials, Pact Tanzania donors, Pact Tanzania external partners, etc.
• Revise and ensure alignment of all documents before submission to CD and PD for signing, including contracts, MOUs, timesheets, and expense reports, etc., as required.
• Maintain any necessary archives for the office of the CD and PD
• Manage small projects for the CD and PD as required, such as research support.
• Manage the filing system of the CD and PD departments.
• Research, prioritizes, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CD and PD, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the CD and PD to enhance Pact Tanzania’s work among staff and partners
• Organize Agendas and necessary papers and provide minutes for meetings of CD and PD:
• Prepare Agenda and writing meeting minutes for the CMT/SMT meetings and provide logistics support when needed.
• Follow up when needed on the results of meetings with CD and PD and ensure that results are implemented as per the meeting.
• Prepare agendas and relevant materials for the field visits in cooperation with relevant Pact Tanzania stakeholder.
• Manage the CD and the PD visitor’s arrangements:
• Prepare CD and PD visitors agendas in coordination with the Pact Tanzania Administration team do all logistics in-country including itineraries, transportation, accommodation, and any other request/reservation during the visit period
• Briefs the CD and PD on relevant information prior to a meeting or consultation such as context, visitor profiles, anticipated agenda and interests
• Provide Communications support:
• Draft responses to routine Pact HQ office, Donor Offices, Pact Tanzania Country Office, and Field Offices issues on behalf of the CD and PD as appropriate.
• Determine which issues need to be referred to or delegated to others and provide appropriate briefing and pertinent documentation.
• Facilitate effective information dissemination from the CD and PD.
• Prepare reports for the CD and PD.
• Prepare communications and presentations for the CD and PD in consultation with communications or other CMT or SMT members are required.
• Pact Tanzania Country Management Team (CMT) and ACHIEVE Tanzania project Senior Management Team (SMT) Support and Liaison:
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CD and PD office and Pact Tanzania internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Pact Tanzania Country Management Team and ACHIEVE Tanzania project Senior Management Team staff.
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Pact Tanzania Country Management Team and ACHIEVE Tanzania project Senior Management Team including assisting in scheduling meetings, attending all meetings and taking notes/writing the reports
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of the Pact Tanzania CMT meetings and ACHIEVE Tanzania project SMT meetings and meeting invitations.
• Board Support and Liaison:
• Serves as the Pact Tanzania Country Director’s administrative liaison to Pact Tanzania’s board of directors.
• Interfaces with and provides general support to the Pact Tanzania Board of Directors, which includes assisting Pact Tanzania board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Pact Tanzania board members.
• Creates and maintains the Board of Directors and Board committees’ annual calendars.
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of Board and Board committee meeting reminders, agendas, reports, special mailings, and other necessary documents or materials as needed, before the Pact Tanzania board meetings in electronic/paper format that ensures effective communication.
• Attends and takes minutes at all Pact Tanzania Board and Board Committee meetings and provides minutes and recap to all appropriate people.
• Supervision Of Staff:
• Supervise and manage the Pact Tanzania Administration Assistant/Receptionist (matrix management) on required administrative support duties for the Country Director (CD), Pact Tanzania and the Project Director (PD), ACHIEVE Tanzania project, and for the Pact Tanzania Board and Board Committees.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from an accredited institution or a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or relevant field of study. Post-graduate training will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of four (4) years relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably with an International NGO in a high-level administrative or executive position.
• Experience working with a Board of Directors/Governing Board of an NGO is required.
• Demonstrated experience of producing technical and managerial communication (letters), reports, minutes and presentations
• Practical knowledge of government of Tanzania and USAID hierarchy and communication channels
Essential Person Specification Requirements:
• Excellent written and oral English and Kiswahili skills (ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English)
• Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
• Ability to prioritize, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented with excellent planning skills
• Ability to think several steps ahead and anticipate needs and challenges
• Ability to works independently with minimum supervision
• Must be proactive in meetings and exceeding needs of the Country Director (CD), Pact Tanzania and the Project Director (PD), ACHIEVE Tanzania project, and for the Pact Tanzania Board and Board Committees and other leaders
• Confident presentation skills, able to be assertive but with sensitivity and respect towards others
• Good listening skills and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
• Ability to work in and contribute to a team-building environment
• Ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and levels of authority
• Willing and able to travel as required. Must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends according to event-related scheduling.
• Good Understanding of Pact and Pact Tanzania’s policies and procedures
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with a high level of professionalism
• Ability to work in partnership with team members, partner agencies, and community members.
• Ability to proactively take during crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary on issues related to the CD and PD.