|Location||Kinondoni, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING AND LIVELIHOODS OFFICERS (ESLO) (3 Posts)
Job Title: Economic Strengthening and Livelihood Officers (3 posts - one staff for each Team)
Reporting to: Program Manager
Locations: Kibaha, Temeke and Kinondoni/Ilala
Economic Strengthening and Livelihoods Officer (ESLO) is an important position for each Councils Team implementing ACHIEVE Tanzania project with an overall objective of supporting at risk Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and OVC Caregivers participation in Economic Strengthening (ES) activities. The position holder will specifically strive to integrate evidence based financial literacy modules to empower AGYW and OVC Caregivers to establish and sustain viable Income Generating Activities (IGAs) at Councils Team level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Directly supervise and provide technical support to Livelihood Volunteers (LVs) and Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILVs) in his or her Councils Team level.
• Provide consistent monitoring, coaching and mentorship support to Livelihood Volunteers (LVs) in his or her council and ensure that they master the skills to graduate into Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILVs) at Councils Team level.
• Recruit and train LVs in the WORTH Yetu model and oversee LVs to establish and support technically new and inherited WORTH Yetu groups at Councils Team level.
• Ensure that LVs provide facilitation support for WORTH Yetu Groups and ensure that 60% of project enrolled caregivers, destitute household members with lower savings levels and interest join WORTH Yetu Groups.
• Ensure that WORTH Yetu Groups establish Community Resource Mobilization Committees (CRMC) to map community resources for social protection.
• Conduct overarching mapping of economic strengthening service providers in implementation areas at Councils Team level.
• Work with district-level TASAF to ensure ACHIEVE Project Tanzania is aware of new expansion areas and that TASAF can refer TASAF beneficiaries to ACHIEVE Project Tanzania for screening and enrollment.
• Roll out a Household Financial Literacy and Money Management curriculum to LVs and ensure a quality roll out to WORTH Yetu members at Councils Team level.
• Lead in conducting market assessments and creation of business networks and learning and sharing cohorts within industry types at Councils Team level.
• Train LVs to roll out a self-assessment tool with mature groups; establish relationships with pro-poor financial institutions.
• Provide continuous supportive supervision to LVs to ensure quality economic strengthening programming through Instruction, Modelling, Rehearsing and Feedback (IMRF) approach at Councils Team level.
• Submit timely economic strengthening and youth updates to the Program Manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports at Councils Team level.
• Document Economic Strengthening specific lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication at Councils Team level.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Minimum required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Diploma in Business Administration, or economics, Community Development, Community Economic Development (CED), Social Work etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, in the above-mentioned fields will be an added advantage.
• Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English including excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constantly or close supervision
• Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
• At least two (2) years’ experiences in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming. Experience in establishment, formation, and supporting community groups, IGAs etc. are preferred.
• Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
• Experience implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
• Experience in an Appreciative Inquiry (AI) approach in development and social work.
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.