|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||January 13, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Finance Officer will handle general accounting and finance operations as required of a very busy multi-donor funded NGO. Assignments will include budgeting for financial resources, report on the utilization of financial resources through variance analysis, and ensure financial resources are utilized within the stipulated policies, and contractual agreements. .
Main Duties include:
1. Financial, Management Accounting and Control
• Being one of the main data entry persons into the accounting system to produce periodic and end of year Income and expenditure, financial position, cash flows, fully reconciled bank reconciliations etc.
• Produces monthly, quarterly year-end actual v budget (variance) analysis and other management information that may be required from time to time.
• Drafts multi-year organisational and specific programme activity budgets.
• Monitors technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy, and work plans.
• Supports the Finance HR and Admin. department in ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances, banking, and assets.
• Supports in safeguarding of the assets of the organisation, including the maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
• As may be assigned, supports finance and admin. department in its function as procurement focal centre, to drive the implementation of procurement policies and plans, aimed at cost effective acquisition of high-quality materials, goods, consultancies, and non-consultancy services.
• Preparing cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements to optimise resources and deliver value for money.
• Contributing on operational and strategic issues as a member of the Finance and Admin. Team.
• Ensures compliance with all financial reporting and forecasting requirements of specific donors projects and the institution, and ensuring the smooth flow of funds from funding sources;
• Ensures expenditure are incurred and reported in line with contractual agreements.
• Ensures project financial reports are compiled, aligned with narrative reports and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: accounting, finance, business-related field, economics or related discipline.
• At least 1 year experience in accounting and finance preferably in an international or a regional not for profit organization/ NGO.