|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2023|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ASFA Hose Service and Maintenance Support Ltd is a registered firm in Tanzania with offices at Mwanza, Kahama – Shinyanga and Tabora regions. ASFA is legally reputable to carry on the business of providing hydraulic services such as hydraulic hoses, pumps, fittings, adaptor filters, O-ring also we are dealing with Mechanical services, civil services, fire suppression system, welding and fabrication that include technical support, repair as well supply of personal protective equipment (PPE), Supply of spare parts for Automotive and heavy machine-like KOMATSU, CATERPILLAR
The company also carry out a business of supplying different products to various Individuals, Private Companies, Government Institutions and overseas Companies and Agencies.
We’re looking for an experienced candidates who is passionate about our mission of building long term relationship with our clients and providing unique customer service.
Post Title: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Accountant will be an integral part of an administration and finance support team to perform a variety of activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the company’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. Follow established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions.
Location: Mwanza HQ Offices
- Checks and analyzes financial information and prepares more complex financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Coordinates the issuance of monthly financial reports such as: Income Statement, Balance sheet, Account consolidation, and consolidation of Tangible and Intangible assets, weekly and monthly Margins. Budget reports, Investment Projects control. Prepare Reports weekly, monthly and annually. Assist in development of budget. Perform and review account reconciliations
- Schedules monthly tax payments, VAT (with the monthly sales and purchases records), perform reconciliation of income tax withholdings, arrange payments on accounts, keep records of excise duties deducted by the Bank for payments made to suppliers
- Keeps control of such legal books and records of accounts as: General Ledger, Sales records, purchase records, Inventory
- Assists in managing the credit process by working closely with internal /external auditor to ensure that the required information is provided timely so that the audit can be completed as scheduled.
- Assists in preparation of annual financial report including financial statements, notes, supporting schedules, transmittal letter and statistical information
- Trains, tests and ensures integrity of the financial system (controls and technology). Train, test and maintain the financial software system and its integrity
- Prepare provisional tax returns and ensure that provisional tax payments are done timely
- Prepares VAT returns on monthly basis and submit to TRA on time.
- Procure and manage suppliers, vendors and service provider relationships such as the internet providers etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 4/5 years of experience in an industrial business
- CPA holder preferred.
- Experience in preparing budgets
- Computer literacy especially Advanced Excel/word/power point & familiarity with tally or ERP system especially NAVISION system, Database Management
- Knowledge of applicable local laws, codes and regulations
- Ability to compile, analyses data and prepare complex financial reports and statements
- Highly energetic and results oriented
- Analytical, judgement and attention to details
- Fluent in English (other languages will be a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work
- Ability to meet multiple
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Team supervision and excellent organizational skills
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
the subject line should include the job title. No phone calls will be accepted