|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a proactive and organised Senior Finance and Administration Assistant to support a portfolio of finance and administrative tasks within the GAIN Tanzania country office. This role is offered on a fixed-term basis for 12 months, subject to funding.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The Senior Finance and Administration Assistant is a key position in the Tanzania country office. This position is expected to provide essential support in administrative, financial and internal control services to the programme operations whilst working with the Country Director to ensure compliance with GAIN policies, systems and procedures. This role holder is expected to be both responsive and proactive to operational requirements.
The Assistant will also ensure compliance with external requirements, such as local laws and regulations, donor, partner, service provider and vendor contractual obligations. They will also be responsible for safeguarding GAIN’s interest in these transactions and interactions, providing effective first level stewardship of GAIN’s assets, resources, staff and premises. This role is offered on a fixed-term basis for 12 months, subject to funding.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Supporting the Country Director to ensure proper security and safety of the staff members, premises and finalise security and insurance arrangements as per GAIN norm
- Supporting logistics preparations for various meetings organized by the office
- Overseeing the proper upkeep and maintenance of office premises and working facilities like photocopying machines and furniture to provide the best possible physical environment for staff to discharge their duties.
- Ensuring all service contracts are valid and maintained
- Ensuring all payment requisitions are complete and have all necessary documentations
- Preparing required supporting documents for payment processing such as travel advances, sub-contractors/staff advances
- With the support of the Country Director, ensuring absolute integrity and transparency in the procurement function and ensure the best value for money is obtained
- Identifying office costs and correctly apportioning and charging to the respective project codes
- Managing office petty cash transactions such as petty cash payments, petty cash income, petty cash reconciliation, verification of petty cash claims.
- Overseeing travel and expenses reporting by all team members, including processing expense claim forms and seek all necessary approvals for payment.
Applicants for this position should have accounting and book-keeping knowledge with close attention to detail. They will have the ability to multitask, liaise with multi-cultural individuals at all levels both internally and externally alongside excellent written and verbal communications in English and Portuguese. They should be proficient in the use of Quickbooks or similar accounting software and will ideally have experience working with multi-donor funded projects.
In addition to the above, applicants should be educated to Bachelor’s degree level in in Business Administration, Finance or other related field or otherwise possess an acceptable combination of education and experience. They should have solid documented work experience in an administrative role related to finance, office management or other mid-level support role.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from USD 12,776 to 14,631 per annum, dependent on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 1st December 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Tanzania. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.