|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
We are an international safari operator based in Arusha, working for a broad range of clients, mainly Spanish. We are looking for a well-prepared, motivated, experienced and hard-working person for the position of 'Accountant & Secretary' that may be able to effectively carry out the following duties:
- Keeping the cash book, daily accounts, receipts & invoices, purchases and sales, etc. updated at all times, both the books and the excel files.
- Reconciliation of safari imprests with driver-guides & tour leaders.
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries, and preparing VAT returns.
- Knowledge of the accounting software package ‘QuickBooks’ and posting of all accounting transactions.
- Ensuring financial data confidentiality and conducting database backups when necessary.
- Printing the information and documents required for all safaris, to be handed in to the driver-guides.
- Generating all permits for clients at the appropriate online portals of TANAPA, NCAA and MNRT (TAWA).
- Receiving workshop orders for vehicle maintenance & repairs and sending any required purchase orders to our main vehicle maintenance & repairs providers.
- Communicating effectively with clients, developing a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Ensuring fluid communication with the management and direction of the company, and reporting work status and any issues that may arise, if and when needed.