|Location||Shinyanga, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
KOM group of companies is looking for an experienced cost accountant who is responsible for managing all phases of cost accounting to provide accurate information for financial reporting and support of the company's manufacturing process. This position is a key part of the month and year end close process and is responsible for financial analysis and reporting.
- Job Title: Accountant
- Posts: 1 Post
- Duration: 3 months’ probation period
- Age Limit: 35years.
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- ACCA level I or CPA (Added advantage)
- Knowledge in an accounting package e.g., QuickBooks, Tally, Sage and ready to learn new packages introduced by KOM
- 2-year work experience in related field
- Fluent in speaking Swahili & English
- Good Swahili & English writing skills.
- Good report writing skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage all daily, weekly and monthly accounting, coordinate month and year-end inventory costing and valuations.
• Review of month-end cost accounting journal entries and closing activities for accounts process.
• Provide effective analysis of actual results against budgets and forecasts.
• Maintain and review standard cost system.
• Annual update of standard unit costs for materials, labour and overheads within system.
• Coordinate quarterly stock checks.
• Assist in monthly forecasting and annual budgetary process.
• Assist in annual audit process.
• Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant however part qualified and qualified by experience applicants will be taken into considerations.
• Prepare financial statements; income statements, balance sheet, cash flow statement, statement of retained earnings.
• Experience of ERP based systems within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous in the process.
• Reporting to the CEO. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that clearly enjoy their work, are a close knit, friendly and supportive group and in a role that plays an integral part in the full accounting function.
• Accurately compute PAYE from staffs’ monthly remuneration, Local Service Tax from staff’s remuneration and NSSF staff and employer contributions.
• Ensure timely remittance of PAYE to TRA & Local Service Taxes to relevant authorities, WCF, NHIF and NSSF contribution.
• Safeguard and strengthen controls over financial documents and resources to prevent erroneous misrepresentation, misappropriation or forgeries.
• Reconcile reported income with expenditures receipts to ensure accuracy
• Process payment vouchers and ensure their proper approval.
• Check and audit monthly payroll on a timely basis.
• Ensure proper authorization of payroll.
• Develop and deliver invoices for payments.
• Properly record working advances availed to staff and ensure timely accountability for advances taken.
• Ensure the requisition of items are raised through a formal and documented process and properly approved.
• Work together with CEO to prepare budgets of activities as they arise or as directed by the chairman.
• Perform other duties as assigned by CEO.