|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA) is a national Non-Governmental Organization responsible tor coordinating efforts of PLHIV in Tanzania and the highest body and voice representing all organizations/groups and individuals PLHIV in mainland Tanzania. With financial support from USAID, NACOPHA is currently implementing the HEBU TUYAJENGE Project in 65 Councils of Tanzania. This project contributes to HIV epidemic control by increasing the adoption of higher impact community HIV preventive, care, and treatment services among at-risk adolescents, young women, and PLHIV in 65 high burden councils in Tanzania. NACOPHA seeks innovative, self-driven, dynamic and competent qualified candidates to fill the positions of Knowledge Management Specialist and Research and Data Scientist.
Knowledge Management Specialist is responsible for the project and organizational knowledge management and communication strategies of the organization.
Kev responsibilities and required skills and experience
• Develop training needs, through assessment process and develop a skills development plan that creates a learning environmentfor alignment and cohesion within the project and organization.
• Oversee the development and publication technical content about the organization and projects through various communication channels including but not limited to: Websites, newsletters, IEC materials, research financings, reports, presentations, campaigns, social media sites, worships, trainings, meetings and seminars.
• Research, develop and align communication packages in line with relevant national priorities, guidelines, and current issues to support key national events, policy reviews, symposia, Fora, and conferences.
• Support the technical development, design, typesetting, formattingand presentation of communication and knowledge management tools & documents including the establishment of relevant key feedback loops between projects, with beneficiaries, government officials and stakeholders.
• In consultation with the Technical Director, review, develop and supervise regular updates of the web portal and other communication tools such as social media pages.
• Support the functions, organization, plans and coordination of the PLHIV networks including priority setting, collaboration, complementarity, and supplementarily in leveraging resources and structures, collaboration and alignment to national goals and objectives, to address national challenges, in a unified manner.
• Research, develop and propose innovative approaches and strategies for stimulating effective knowledge and information sharing partnerships within projects, the organization and relevant stakeholders.
• Engage partners and learning champions, work with program managers, project partners and learning champion to extend various activities including engaging the growing member base on project websites, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content.
• Thinking outside the box, work creatively to design and implement creative & effective strategies to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration, leveraging resources, skills, knowledge and experience.
• Document and share learning; lessons learned and best practices.
• Identify and curate technical website content, in collaboration with technical experts, manage and implement project-wide content strategies to ensure the right knowledge cascades to the right people at the right time.
• Manage website interaction and respond to website requests/queries in a timely manner and engage in meaningful knowledge exchange.
• Identify, capture, manage, share, generate convert, innovate, and disseminate knowledge about PLHIV wholistically.
• Identifying and assessing appropriate funding opportunities for sustainable and efficient operations, including opportunities for learning and knowledge sharing, training programmes, and knowledge management champions to advance the national advocacy agenda.
• Instil a knowledge sharing culture to executing the knowledge management mandates between NACOPHA, projects, structures and stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Master's degree in mass communication or related equivalent, with experience in knowledge management and communication.
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in knowledge management and communication.
• Knowledge and experience working with PLHIV, and donor funded projects.
• Strong technical writing skills, presentation skills and communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management
• Team player with positive attitude
• Good knowledge of health program implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
• Languages: Excellent written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
Interested applicants should send their application letters supported with up to date CV indicating three referees, copy of relevant certified academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the
Chief Executive Officer,
National Council of People Living with HIV in Tanzania (NACOPHA)
P. O. Box.55811 Dar es Salaam
or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.