|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 4, 2022|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Our Technology team is an integral part of our business. We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer bringing creativity and a technical mindset, to grow our existing products and bring new products to life. You will join a dynamic and motivated team to build exciting enterprise and consumer solutions that will solve African challenges and make a mark across Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
• You will be working on the day-to-day development of the Smart Codes products as part of the Products team.
• You will be working with both front-end clients and back-end architecture.
• You will be creating architectures, developing new features, enhancing existing features, and fixing bugs.
• You will be responsible for troubleshooting, reviewing, and optimizing the performance of the code base.
• You will be working with the existing code base, and potentially conceptualizing new products.
• You will be involved in alignments on system specifications and documentation along the development cycle.
• You will be managing technical project execution with the Tech support team to deliver quality within the timeline.
• You will be contributing to the setup and success of software development processes and deployments for the Products team.
• You will be conducting code reviews and ensuring the quality of the code to deliver performance, reliability, and maintainability.
• You will be working in a cross-functional agile team to design, build, test and deploy software components, integrating an iterative development approach.
• Accomplish all other assignments provided by the management.
• Creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycle, developing, maintaining, and optimizing the business outcome.
• Estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against the user and technical story acceptance tests.
• Performing peer reviews, collaborating with architects and other developers to produce “just enough” design, and ensuring that enough technical documentation and training are provided for reference and operational support.
• Providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management.
• Estimate user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize the backlog.
• Design modules according to user stories, UX designs, and technical stories.
• Develop solutions according to module designs and deploy using the delivery pipeline.
• Develop and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against the user and technical story acceptance tests.
• Suggest improvements to user stories and UX.
• Manage technical debt as part of daily activities.
• Conduct peer reviews and maintain coding standards.
• Manage incidents as level two and level three support.
• Manage problems as level two and level three support.
• Software incident and problem management
• Key performance indicators.
• Number of new/updated features released per quarter
• Percentage of users of new features by channel.
• Release frequency.
• Defects per User story points.
• Full Stack Engineer Job Vacancy at Smart Codes Limited
Your Skills and Experience
• You have at least 5 years of industry experience as a software developer.
• You have strong backend skills including PHP (Laravel framework) and Java (Spring framework)
• You have experience building Android, iOS, and Web applications.
• You have worked on projects with modern frontend frameworks (React, Vue, Jquery).
• You have worked with both Rest-API & SOAP APIs
• You are comfortable with database design and implementation
• You are following coding best practices for code standards, writing unit tests, version control, continuous integration
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• Experience working in an agile environment
• You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, technical and non-technical, & a key team player.
• You have a working knowledge of flutter
• You have an in-depth working knowledge of cloud systems (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)