|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||January 13, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Prepare monthly bank reconciliations of all company bank accounts.
Prepare payment vouchers in support of payments for company activities and suppliers invoices confirming such payments are: in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies, accurate, complete, adequately supported by all underlying appropriate documents, correctly coded to appropriate expenses.
Prepare and reconcile monthly income taxes, pension, and withholding taxes and physically effect payment to tax office prior to deadlines.
Prepare journal vouchers or adjusting entries for necessary reviews and approvals.
Provide support to the Finance Manager in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package.
Preparation and submission of the quarter reports to the Regulator.
Update the Fixed Asset Register, conduct periodic counts and prepare monthly fixed asset register report.
Controlling and monitoring expenses and ensure expenditure is in line with budget.
Prepare and submit premiums returns for regulator’s submission
Manage credit control functions
Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accountancy, /Commerce/Business Administration (majoring in Accountancy/Finance) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• A minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in a competitive business environment.
• Qualified candidate with CPA or equivalent is an added advantage
• Experience in insurance industry is an added advantage
Skills And Competencies
• Results oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, and with business Partner mind-set.
• Flexible and with ability to liaise with people of different cultures.
• Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili